One Year Foundation Course - Skills for Life
The one year course is for students who wish to deepen their personal experience of the Alexander Technique, learn skills to manage a painful or limiting condition, or apply good use to playing, singing or acting. You will learn:
- Improved use of your body and how to increase your awareness. This leads to better posture, freedom of movement and breathing
- Calmness and self-awareness for personal benefit as well as enhancing professional communication skills
- Procedures to help avoid and manage back pain, stress, RSI and recovery from illness.
Dates: All short course dates are the same as the training course dates on the home page.
Taster Courses (1 - 5 weeks)
We offer a variety of intensive taster courses to suit your needs. You can study with us for any length of time from one week up to five weeks. Cost £250 per training week. If you book a block of 5 weeks the 5th week is free. These courses deepen your experience of the Alexander Technique for:
- Self-help for managing back pain, neck or shoulder pain
- Self-help for managing stress and anxiety
- Management tools for enhancing wellbeing
- Want to ‘test the water’ to see if teacher training is for you. If you take a 5 week taster and decide to continue into training, your 5 weeks can count towards your training providing you continue straight away. It’s a great way to feel the pace of the course, experience the learning and the environment and to accustom yourself to a different view of life!
For more details or to apply:
Please contact the Head of Training, Carolyn Nicholls, on Tel: 01273 278523
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4 day Intensive Course
for actors, musicians, performers & singers
The course is for four days and takes place at the College's premises in Hove. Cost £250
It includes an introduction and in-depth individual practical experience of the Alexander Technique, reflective practice techniques, a work book, personal instruction and a master class.
It is suitable for those wishing to do a study of The Alexander Technique as part of a University or College project and for those wishing to make a personal study.
This course runs alongside the training course and on the same dates so you in all college activities. This includes receiving individual hands-on work from fully qualified teachers.
You will join in focused group classes of observation, awareness and movement and class lectures on the Alexander Technique.
You may take part in a master class, given by Carolyn Nicholls, to teach you new ways you can improve your own body use; a pre-requisite for any kind of performance.